Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Famous Last Words

In my last post I mention Youngest not being well and that it looked like she was on the road to recovery. An hour after that post, I was on my way to the emergency room with her. I thought she had appendicitis. 8 hours later it turned out that she had a kidney stone that had became stuck. This is waaay not good! She only has one kidney and I kinda freaked (quietly so's not to freak her out). Long story short, it was removed yesterday and she is on the mend.
Oldest came as soon as she was called and spent the first night in the hospital as I was asleep on my feet. I was with her last night and tonight she kicked me out as soon as the nurses set her up with the DVD player.
If she continues to drink her IV will be removed and she might be home sometime tomorrow. I know she's feeling much better as she's was starting to giggle this afternoon. I had to leave for a couple of hours and her nurse was going to wash her hair for me. They had an experience! The 'showerhead' fell off the hose and water went everywhere! Not a way I would recommend to clean the walls or floor but Youngest has clean hair.
I'm home for the night with cell phone on in case she needs to call. Love Muffin and Little Man are here for the rest of the week, we have lights, heat and presents for under the tree and life is good.
Merry Christmas to all.
PS - my sister had gastric bypass surgery yesterday and is doing well. She should be on her way home tomorrow as well.

No comments: