2010 will be the 50th anniversary of my birth. And because my birthday is in January I decided to create a list of 50 Not Resolutions but Goals/Wishes for the upcoming year. So, without further ado, here is the list in no particular order (except #1) –
1. Enjoy my birthday! I'm actually looking forward to being the Big FIVE OH! Sometime in the coming year I want to have a knock down, drag out party. A family, friends, good food, music, outdoors, last all weekend party. Might need some help with that one.
2. Spin more! I have 2 wheels and have not touched either in the last 3 months. In fact, one is buried so deep in the TV/Computer/Storage Room I can't even see it.
3. Be better to my self. By that I mean do something for myself that I used to do. Money has been tight the last couple of years (not to mention the jobs have been crazy) and I let a couple of things slide. So I'm going to give myself permission to get a mani/pedi once a month and at least 3 full on body massages in 2010.
4. More ME Time. In keeping with #3, I'm going to go to some events and happenings that I've been meaning to attend for years. That includes FiberCamp Boston in January and StitchesEast in October.
5. Be better about keeping in touch with family & friends. I'm horrible at this and I need to touch base with people more.
6. Get the UFO pile down! I spent a lot of time in 2009 getting my S.A.B.L.E and projects uploaded to Ravelry and scared myself in the process. My UFO's are almost more than my FO's. I need to get the really old ones finished or frogged.
7. Get some of the House projects completed. Same problem as #6. We've got things started here that have been languishing for years. I must make a list of what needs to be completed and what is needed to complete it. Then put it somewhere that is in my face!
8. Continue to declutter the house. Seriously, we have TOO much stuff!
9. Decide if I want to keep my full size knitting machines. I'd love to use them but they take up a lot of room when up and I'd need time to acquaint myself with them again.
10. Use my Bond more. I have 2 and should get a new carriage to replace the broken one. They are easy enough to set up and put away. And it will help with #11.
11. My S.A.B.L.E.! Jeez!!! I knew I had yarn but until I started cataloging it for Ravelry I didn't realize how much YARN I had. I need to get rid of some and use a lot more!
12. Make a date night with Husband and stick to it. We need this in order to stay connected. After 20 years I'm not going to let him go.
13. Spend more time with the grandkids. Especially The Gift!
14. Make a 'date' with Youngest to do something to get her moving. She needs exercise so find something she enjoys and do it with her.
15. Learn more about computers. Giving my money to have someone 'fix' a computer goes up my butt!
16. Take more classes/workshops for fun and profit. I want to get a few more 'work' related skills under my belt which will help me towards my goal of working from home.
17. Travel. I would love to take a road trip around the eastern US and visit family and friends.
18. Vacation somewhere I have to fly hours to get to.
19. Donate more to charities. Not money so much as time and things they need.
20. Go through all my pictures and get them in albums. When I'm gone I don't want others to not know who's who.
21. Adopt the change things you can blah blah blah mantra.
22. Open an Etsy shop. That would help with getting the S.A.B.L.E. down to a stash.
23. Don't let my job take over my brain and life.
24. Get Youngest moved into the Big Room.
25. Start the 'remodel' on the kitchen
26. Get some on the broken/not working properly things done on the house.
27. Get a new car. But I have to decide on what I want first. That could take all year LOL.
28. Eat! I need to eat lunch at work. I must be better at walking away from my desk and finding a quite spot away from the chaos and EAT!
29. Spend less time hiding at the computer. Too much time is wasted on playing Bejewled Blitz on FB.
30. Get a quality MP3 player, sign up with Audible and walk away from the computer.
31. Don't spend as much time vegging on the couch in front of the TV watching crap.
32. Teach more workshops! I have a skill at teaching knitting and I should share that knowledge with others.
Humm, getting harder to think of things I want to do.
33. Seriously look into Linux. I have become more cranky with Microsoft as I learn more about my computer.
34. Start writing down my life story.
35. Start writing down my parents life stories.
36. Don't let things drag me down!
37. Don't take on more than I can do in 15 minutes. I have the tendency to add more and more to my plate and then crash & burn!
38. Be more forgiving to others. But don't let them walk over me in doing so.
39. Get the Azalea and Rose of Sharron in shape.
40. Plant Glads out back as a present for Youngest.
41. Find a church! I feel the need to be more connected with people who share a similar belief in a high power.
42. Attend the fall Loudon race. Maybe even make a weekend out of it.
43. Take some classes/workshops for knitting/spinning/crochet. I might know a lot but that doesn't mean I know it all.
44. Stop smoking! The money saved alone would be worth it.
45. Do something with my hair. Decide if I want it long or shorter and colored and keep up with it.
46. Get my foot taken care of. Right now, it's hard to wear boots cause it cramps up. And I've noticed that my big toe and the one next to it are numb.
47. Take my girls and spend a day at a spa. Get the full treatment!
Only 3 more to go and it's getting really hard!
48. Find a way for Youngest to see her father and his kids. Without violating the court order and driving me insane.
49. Find someone who can spend time on regular basis with Youngest who is not family.
and finally Number 50!
Have fun, relax and enjoy the next decade(s) with my family. I'm looking forward to seeing my grandkids grow up and become adults and what all the niece's and nephew's are going to do/become.
There I did it! Whada ya think?