Sunday, June 24, 2007

Where have all the people gone?

Having spent yesterday and today running errands I just noticed how empty the stores and roads are! That combined with the weather has put me in a fairly good mood. Now all I have to do is stop thinking about what both will be like in less than 6 months.

I am sloooowly getting things done. I moved another bin out to the new workshop. I'm starting to find all the little UFO's and getting those done. Work is getting easier. I've starting to get my routine down so I'm not so brain fried when I get home.

In retrospect, it could be that I'm no longer tied to the school calendar. After 18 years of kids having one week off out of eight and then the summer off, I'm fast becoming free! That was one of my biggest life stressors. Moreover, Husband wasn't able to help most times. Yes, he has lots of vacation time but with his back, he saves it for that. And my jobs like to pay me for showing up.

I'm getting Younger to help out more as well. Today we went to Shaw's and spent some of her 'free' money for lunches. I found they were selling those heavy canvas bags (which does have their name all over it – Oh well) so I got a couple. I hate those plastic bags! There everywhere and we never use all of the up. We were able to everything we bought into one of them and Younger was very eager to carry it. We made a deal that she will use one everytime she goes to the store and that way all her food is together for her to put away at home. Now all I have to do is convince Husband to use it.

I want less stuff. I hate how my house is so cluttered with it. Most of it is junk anyways and we don't use it. The basement is crammed with all kinds of unused, broken and I have no idea what it is things. And when I have a conversation with Husband about getting rid of things, he wants to throw out the antiques and what we really use. Go figure! Having three non functioning cordless phones packed away is not a problem but keeping a 100 year old WORKING treadle sewing machine is.

I've decided it's up to me to hoe out this place. He plans to play alot of golf this summer and I don't have to work a second job to make ends meet. Even if it's only one room that I can get done, I will feel like a million bucks.

And not have to weave my way around people and cars to get this done helps as well.