Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Day Off

It’s almost 2:30 and I just realized that I have done almost nothing today but sit in front of the computer reading blogs and listening to pod casts.
I did manage to get the last 2 loads of laundry done for the week but beyond that nothing. I blame Husband for that. He had left Friday night for a weekend camping with the guy’s and I was giddy with thoughts of what I could get done over 2 days.
I go the call Friday night that Youngers practice was canceled for the morning and with Husband gone Younger and I settled in and relaxed for the evening. I fell asleep on the couch so I have no idea what time she went to bed. All I know is that I woke up around 1 am with lights and fans on. If anyone looked in the window I must have looked like I was shot or drugged on the couch!
Saturday we took off to relieve Susan at Lucy’s and had a good afternoon. I made progress on the Clapotis to the point where I have dropped my first stitch in Section 3. I figured that I could get a few more stitches dropped but NOOOO! I didn't even finish the first repeat when I found my stitch count off! So, I set it aside and went to bed.
I awoke later than my usually time this morning (6:15) and settled in with my coffee and knitting to listen to a few pod casts figuring that Younger wouldn’t be awake for a couple of hours when I heard Husband’s truck backing down the street at 6:45 am! What the!??
The story was he was kept up all night both Friday and Saturday and came home to sleep. With the Nextel Cup having a weekend off I had nothing to watch this afternoon so I just sat here.
I have tried to start a new pair of socks for Younger in Fixation but had to frog it because I cast on too many stitches! So I decided to try using the 2 circ method and that went bust as well! I guess I’m going to make a burned offering of cashmere to the Knitting Deities in order to get out of this funk with being able to knit socks!
Maybe I should try and spin a little??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blah! As far as getting back in the saddle: you could just knit a pair of socks...and don't rip them out, even if you cast on too many stitches, didn't decrease enough times on the gusset, etc. Then, if they don't fit anybody you know you can put them on the Mitten Tree at the end of the year. Certainly they will fit *somebody*.

Or, spin. I don't know that I've ever seen you spin at the spinning group, and from what I hear, seeing how much you can pack into your Ashford Joy case is a sight to behold...kind of like watching 30 clowns come out of a miniature car. :)

Rosemary said...

You're blogging! Wow. Go spin something even if it is too hot to breathe.